Group General Counsel
Zepz - WorldRemit + Sendwave
Lara Oyesanya is Group General Counsel, Company Secretary and C-Suite Executive at WorldRemit, a digital payments service that provides international money transfer and remittance services in more than 130 countries and over 70 currencies.
She is an experienced solicitor with a demonstrated history of working in Fintech and the financial services sector who is skilled in regulatory, payments, enterprise risk management, consumer protection, small medium enterprise, offshore, and commercial banking.
Lara was formerly: General Counsel and Chief Risk Officer, Contis; legal director at Klarna; senior legal counsel at Barclays and BAE Systems; a divisional counsel at RAC; a legal director at HBOS (Lloyds Banking Group); and Group Head of Legal at Lex (Lex Autolease).
She is also a barrister of the Supreme Court of Nigeria and a law graduate (LL.B Hons) of the University of Lagos with an LL.M in Comparative Company Law.”
Appointments and awards include:
- Co-opted Member, Committee on Benefactions External and Legal Affairs (CBELA), University of Cambridge.
- Non-Executive Director, Plan International UK, Shaw Trust, and PensionBee Group plc.
- Contributing Editor, LexisNexis Encyclopaedia of Banking Law and a Member of the Consulting Editorial Board, LexisPSL©
- SA Fellow of the RSA
- Business Woman of the Year and ‘Corporate Leader’, 2018 FL National Awards.
- Ranked in The Lawyer Hot 100 2021.
- 2022 ‘Woman in Legal’ winner of the Women4Africa Award.